My client is a leading international engineering and technology business, who are part of global engineering group. With exciting developments within a key product field, my client are looking to invest in the site and capitalise on this through the additional hire of a Lead Project Engineer.
The Lead Project Engineer will be tasked with transitioning to a configure to order model, allowing standardisation and scale up to meet highly anticipated global demand. The successful candidate will work closely with the Global Sourcing Manager in the international sourcing of technical goods and services for an industrial operation. This will include the detailed creation of all technical specifications, with support from the design engineering team, and working closely with the projects function.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Proactive member of the strategic project team, ensuring sourcing methods are easily scalable and replicable on a global basis.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications for tender.
- Assist the Global Sourcing Manager to identify Vendors that are able to supply their market
- Look for opportunities and gather data to asses make or buy decisions
- Choose the appropriate suppliers by doing extensive industry research
- Develop, implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Working with the wider project team, ensure that standardisation and developments of the products are aligned with our sourcing strategy.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To be considered for the role, you must possess ideally a degree (HNC/HND as a minimum) in a relevant engineering discipline coupled with demonstrable Project Engineerign experience gained in a low-volume, high product value/bespoke engineering system environment. You will be a highly focused and organised leader, who can drive change and manage projects effectively through clear, concise and positive communications.
Experience, knowledge, skills:
- A proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment
- Flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong internal customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Willingness to travel