My client is a leading international technology business, specialising in the design and development of the next generation of green energy engineering products, specifically focusing on the electric vehicle, battery solutions and home energy markets. Reporting to the Group Engineering Director, my client seeks a Technical Compliance Manager to join their growing team.
The Technical Compliance Manager will act as the subject matter expert for all relevant standards relating to their wide product range. With additional responsibility for defining technical requirements to their global NPD teams, ensuring that all products developed are compliant with their intended markets.
- Carry out in-depth product evaluation in relation re-purposing existing products for new markets/applications and what accompanying additional technical features are required to ensure compliance with international standards.
- Internal compliance auditing
- Responsible for all safety related aspects to ISO26262, creation of safety processes, concepts and strategies for complete product lifecycle.
- Responsible for familiarity with EN1175, EN280, EN13849, EN12895, ISO26262, IEC61508.
- Become familiar, if not already, with the following construction industry standards ISO14990, ISO19014, ISO20474, ISO13766, ISO7637 and ISO16750
- Act as ‘company expert’ with regard to relevant standards and legislation.
- Total responsibility for driving product compliance across all existing product lines.
- Working effectively with product management and sales teams to identify, explore and penetrate to new markets.
- Representing the company on all relevant standards committees.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience in regards to product compliance, coupled with a excellent academic record and track-record in technology/engineering.
Key selection criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree (as a minimum requirement) in a relevant engineering subject
- Subject matter expert in product compliance.
- A well-established understanding of the current standards governing the electrification market for differing industry settings
- A proven record of driving product compliance to international standards in defining clear requirements for NPD/NPI functions
- Demonstrable experience of using requirements capture tools.
- Ideally possessing an understanding of motor controllers.
- Some understanding of on-road functional safety and ISO26262
- Ability to inspect international standards and disseminate key legal requirements.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing business, who are part of a large international group at the forefront of technological development within the electrification sector.