My client is a leading international technology business, specialising in the design and development of the next generation of green energy engineering products, specifically focusing on the electric vehicle, battery solutions and home energy markets. Reporting to the Group Engineering Director, my client seeks a Systems Engineer to join their growing team.
Taking ownership of the technical architecture electric vehicle systems, the Systems Engineer will be tasked with providing a leading resource in requirement capture and gathering, creating design specs and playing an active role in the verification process.
- Working effectively with customer base, to agree project requirements and ensure fully captured as a usable set of internal systems requirements.
- Ensuring the correct product is design that exactly meets (neither under, nor over) customer requirements.
- Work effectively with all internal functions e.g. design, electrical, mechanical, , firmware to ensure: 1.) their work is meeting customer requirements and 2.) ensuring compliance against requirements design parameters.
- Work closely with project management to ensure all projects follow the company standard product development cycle against traceability and validation of compliance benchmarks.
- Work closely with validation department at all product development stages to ensure all products are ready for testing and validation of functional and system requirements of design.
- Manage external bodies and audits.
- Support FMEA and help develop DFMEA for the recording of potential failure modes and corrective actions.
- Advanced problem solving and technical resource provision to both internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess comprehensive and demonstrable skills and expertise in the fields of systems engineering and requirements capture, combined with a strong knowledge of motor control and EV applications.
Key selection criteria:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience gained working as a Systems Engineer, designing complex systems requirements
- Keeps an up to date knowledge of current and future product trends within the on/off road and electric vehicles markets
- Knowledge/understanding of power electronics in respect to electric vehicles
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of product development cycles
- Strong requirements capture expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Proven track record of working effectively with validation engineers/functions
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading business with a proud history, at the forefront of technological development within a rapidly growing industry.