Working as part of a ‘close knit’ engineering team, the Maintenance Shift Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of site equipment and infrastructure (excluding refrigeration) for the site. This will cover the maintenance of equipment, machinery, packing lines and plant, ensuring that the site production facilities and equipment are able to function with optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
The role will also cover, as and when required, project engineering for the build, installation and commissioning of new processing and production lines, or the movement and installation of lines at the manufacturing site.
As well as mechanical maintenance of all processing lines, this role will have a particular emphasis on electrical maintenance relating to motors, drives, electrical panelling and PLC control units.
As part of the Engineering team as well as the main duties listed below you will be instrumental in understanding and sharing the responsibility of all relevant legal requirements of the business including H&S, all aspects of hygiene, and any other aspect relevant to your role.
It is the responsibility of each individual team member to fully brief their colleagues/ manager prior to any absence.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment, using external support where necessary, including;
- The maintenance of site infrastructure, where appropriate.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance routines (PPM)
- Help with project engineering, installations and commissioning of new and second hand equipment.
- On-call duties as part of a rota system.
- Ad hoc site engineering support.
- Supports the company vision, goal and agreed targets
- Communicates effectively
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Acts decisively
- Demonstrates resilience flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Driver of change
- Works on own initiative
- Thinks systematically and inspires change
- Contributes own views and listens to views of others